The fledgling United States is hit by freezing storms as the fall out from Mt Tambora continues to wreck havoc around the world. Then we turn to Switzerland and see how the darkness gives rise to the great gothic work of Frankenstein.
In this episode we cover
- Climate science in the USA
- The early colonial economy
- The oncoming storms
- Impact and drivers of migration
- Situation on mainland Europe
- The fateful party: Lord Byron, Mary Shelly and company.
- The Romantic and the Gothic.
If you enjoy the show, you can reach me at email@example.com or on Facebook or on Twitter @ageofvictoria
Or visit the website www.ageofvictoriapodcast.com