MRS BEETON’S EXCELLENT MINCE PIES
MRS BEETONS EXCELLENT MINCE PIES
The upmarket version of Mrs Beetons classic
- Mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- muffin tin
- table spoon
- rolling pin
- Sauce pan
- chopping board
- 3 Large lemons
- 3 Large apples
- 1 lb Stoned raisins
- 1 lb Currents
- 1 lb Suet
- 2 lbs Moist sugar
- 1 oz Sliced candied citron
- 1 oz Sliced candied orange peel
- 1 oz Sliced candied lemon peel
- 1 teacup Brandy
- 2 tbsp Orange marmalade
- Butter (soft) for baking
- Grate the lemons, set rind aside. Then squeeze the juice into bowl.
- Boil the lemons in water in the saucepan till soft and then chop them finely.
- Skin and core the apples. Bake until soft then chop them finely.
- Mix lemon choppings and apples
- Now add all the ingredients to the bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Store in a clean jar in the fridge for 1 week till ready to bake.
- Get your pastry (either home made or shop bought), and roll to desired thickness (suggested 4 cm)
- Grease the muffin trays with butter
- Cut the pastry into circles and add to muffin tray
- ⅓ or ¾ fill subject to your taste. Put light pastry lid on top.
- Bake in oven for 20 mins (or till golden). Sprinkle with ice sugar if desired.