Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
Roll up your shirt sleeves, push back your top hat, and throw open your coat tails. It’s time to grab a bottle of gin, and seek riches or ruin as you learn about the history of gin in the Victorian era. Truly the drink of Empire…..or your personal ruin.
- Intro What is gin?
- Bombay Sapphire visit
- Manufacturing, propaganda and the British vs Dutch origins debate
- Invention is the mother of gin
- Ah a night out in London with Dickens
- Ruin and Empire.
- Gin, Tonics and the growth of the cocktail.
- Class matters – first last and always.
- What did I make?
Don’t forget to leave a review on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word out the show.
Visit the website at
Or subscribe on iTunes at
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/age-of-victoria-podcast/id1234105258?mt=2Get in touch