Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS
The dawn of the day of Waterloo brings only fear, discomfort and suffering. This is the first in the Waterloo episodes series. It covers
- The feelings of the men and a most important breakfast.
- Why Napoleon felt he was onto a sure thing.
- The weather and terrain.
- The reasons why Waterloo was chosen, and how it compares to some other historical battles.
- The mental state of senior commanders.
- Deployment, tactics, plans and confusion.
- The last grand review of the Armee Du Nord.
Waterloo can be a confusing battle, so maps are available on the website.Get in touch